Over the weeks here on the Sky Conferencing blog, we have explored various features and benefits of the audio conferencing service. In this article, we will look at yet another service available to account holders: the ability to call out from the web.
A Web Call Service
Calling from the web essentially lets you, as a host of the audio telephone conference call, add participants using the web moderation tool. When calling from the web, you have two options:
- Dial out to yourself in order to start the telephone conference
- Dial out to a participant to add them to the telephone conference
We will go over the two options below as well as why you would want to call from the web.
The web moderation tool, as brief reminder, is an online tool that is accessed via the Sky Conferencing website and allows you to control your telephone conference from the internet. One of the features of the moderator tool is the dial out.
In the screen capture above (click for larger size), you can the moderator tool displayed. The first option displayed is to call the host of the conference call. This is a simple way to dial yourself into the telephone conference directly from the web.
The other aspect of calling from the web is dialing out to participants and adding them to the conference call. The Sky Conferencing moderator tool, as seen above, lets you use your browser to directly call individuals and add them into the telephone conference call.
Why Call from the Web?
Why would you use the web moderator tool to call yourself or your participants when you can simply dial in directly using the telephone? There are a few reasons why.
1. Sometimes, you want to control at what time your participant joins the telephone call. For example, if you are interviewing a candidate for a job and would like to first discuss the individual in private with your hiring manager. Once you are finished, you can call from the web and add the candidate to the phone conference.
2. Some participants need to be called (instead of calling in themselves) either for financial reasons or due telephone restrictions in the area they are located in.
3. Calling out to yourself, as a host, is also advantageous in certain situations. For example, you may want to monitor who is joining the conference call by using the web moderation tool. Once you are satisfied that a specific person has joined, or that quorum has been reached etc, you can then call yourself from the web more quickly and easier.
These are just some brief examples of the web call feature and how it can be used to enhance your conference call experience. Give it a try for your next conference call.