Toll Free conference call services are business tools that have become essential for the workplace in today’s globalized economic reality. If your business does not currently utilize toll-free conferencing, here is the information you need to get started, and why it is such a power tool for your workplace.
Telephone conference calling is a service that allows you to arrange a telephone call with many people at once located anywhere around the world. Usually this service allows you to setup a conference call instantly with no prior reservations, simply by calling a phone number and entering a special access code on your phone.
Toll-free conference calling is simply a telephone conference call service that uses a toll-free phone number to connect to the meeting.
The toll-free phone service works like any other toll-free phone number you may already be aware of: the person calling will not be charged any long distance charges as it is free for them!
Why Conference Call?
Why do we even need to conference call? Very simply: because it saves money and time. Conference calling allows you to get answers quickly from your team, follow-up on urgent matters efficiently and problem-solve with all interested parties in a timely manner.
Conference calling also can eliminate costly travel, allow employees to work from home and telecommute, take advantage of emerging sales opportunities quickly by connecting with clientele and much more.
Toll-Free vs. Toll
While there may be numerous decisions that will need to be made when choosing the type of conferencing service, one major variable is whether you will need toll-free or toll. To put it simply, the differences are the following:
- Toll: Less expensive service but participants may be charged long distance for the telephone call
- Toll-Free: More expensive service but participants can call for free
So which do you choose? It depends on your needs. In some cases, giving out a toll phone number may make sense. But at other times, toll-free is really the way to go. Here are a few questions to ask yourself when choosing:
1. Are participants local or international? If they are calling from abroad, it may make more sense to give them a toll-free number. Otherwise, long distance charges will be astronomical.
2. Does the participant have a long-distance plan available? Many cell phone companies offer long distance packages which can make it economical for you since you will not need to give them a toll-free number. Toll will do fine in this example.
3. Is the telephone conference call you are organizing an important sales call with potential clients? In this case, it would be better to offer toll-free conferencing as it would be very unprofessional to make your clients pay for the call.
Some Parting Words
A toll free call service can be an indispensable tool for some and a great convenience for others. Having the ability to connect with your clients, suppliers, employees and others instantly by telephone can greatly enhance your business efficiency.
Offering a toll-free conference calling option removes all the hassle for your attendees, increases participation and lends credibility to your operation. Consider toll-free call services for your next meeting.