Facebook Questions can be a great business tool for getting customer feedback and engaging your audience. While Questions has already been released to the general community, Facebook plans on releasing this feature to Facebook Pages as well. In this article, we will go over what Facebook Questions is and how to use it for your company.
Facebook Questions is a service that was initially introduced in 2010 by the social networking company Facebook. Essentially, it lets you ask a question to the general Facebook community and it also becomes searchable on the internet. So what’s so special about Facebook Questions? According to the company, Questions
tap(s) into the collective knowledge of the more than 500 million people on Facebook[...]Because questions will also appear to your friends and their friends, you’ll receive answers that are more personalized to you.
If we apply the same concept to a Facebook page, especially a business page, then this is another tool at your disposal that can help you reach out directly to your customers and others within their circle of influence. Here are a few other features of the service:
- Add a photo with your question
- Add a poll with many possible answers
- Add subject tags to your questions
- Browse tags and consult other questions
How to Get Started
To get started with Questions for your company Facebook page, then follow these simple steps.
1. Once signed in to Facebook, go to the “Account” tab at the upper-right side of the page and click “Use Facebook as Page.”
2. Next, you will need to switch to the desired page.
3. Go to the Facebook Questions page and click on the green “Get Questions Now” link on the top right. Now, you should see something that resembles the following image:
4. Time to ask your question. Simply click on the “Question” link in the menu to ask your first question:
A few pointers on using the service for your business and optimizing its usefulness:
- If you provide a poll with your question, then you are giving your audience an easier way to respond to the question. Think of it as an incentive that is more likely to engage Facebook users.
- Remember to tag your questions because topic tagging helps get the word out to the people that are most likely to be interested by your question.
- Don’t ask boring questions that deal strictly with our business but try and incite interest by linking your company and industry to news and other interesting events happening at the time.
- You can browse other peoples questions to interact further with Facebook users. If you are having trouble accessing the list of all the questions, then simply switch back to your personal profile and click on “questions” from the left-hand menu.
Now you should be up and running with Facebook Questions for your business page. One point to keep in mind is that the service has not been released in all countries yet.
A note on our Company: Sky Conferencing is a North American based conference call services provider. Get started with a free telephone conferencing 30 day trial today.